Monday, May 25, 2009

Nan's 80th Birthday


Nan's 80th Birthday, originally uploaded by CakeMyDay.

Another big day deserves another cake. My Nans 80th birthday meant something traditional. Maybe not for all Nan's but for mine it does :-)

This was my first attempt at roses. I'm not too disappointed with the overall result. I have to say, covering the cake in fondant has to be the most stressful part of cake making. For the detail to stand out the large flat areas need to be flawless, or as close as possible. I notice my wife leaves the room when I start rolling out fondant... coincidence maybe?

You might notice that I positioned the writing on the cake board. I did this tor two reasons. One, I didn't want to risk ruining my good fondant work, and two, I think it looks better.

No comments:

Post a Comment